Prerequisite: Adults (18 and over)
The Kalmensons were able to join forces with a uniquely qualified actor, teacher, and lecturer to kick off their Improvisational Adventure. With a biography that could start a handsome paper drive, Stephen Tobolowsky brings with him a verve and compassion for actors second to none. Stephen shares his in-depth knowledge of Stanislavski, along with more than two hundred theatrical credits.
"Life is a constant Improvisation." For years we've been recommending Voice Over Actors to study improv. Now we're going to blow you away with this excellent workout!
Comedy & Drama
- The Serious, the Absurd
- Group Improvs and much, much more!
- Why we improvise (an incomplete list):
- as a rehearsal technique
- as an audition tool
- to expand your understanding of your part
- to come up with alternate lines
- to amuse the crew
- a rehearsal technique
- to assist camer moves
- to generate alternate lines
- to come up with a script
- to assist with camera moves
- to create lead ins and outs for scenes
- to create off-camera scenes (that may become on camera scenes)
- to fill in specifics left out by a writer
- to find the reality of multiple takes and "TV takes"
Voice Over & Commercials
- lead-ins and lead-outs
- creating an on-camera or on-mic LIFE with a partner
Ready to find out more?
Fasten your seat belt! You will know the truth of voice over.
Class Size: 17 student maximum - must be 17 years or older.
Cycles: 6 consecutive weeks
Tuition: $800 (prices are subject to change; call to verify)
VISA / MASTERCARD / AMERICAN EXPRESS / DISCOVER
Make-up & Refund Policy: No class make-ups or refunds for missed classes.
Location: The Actors Group • 2813 W. Magnolia Blvd. Burbank, CA 91505 (map)
Materials: Will be assigned week to week.
Instructor: Stephen Tobolowsky
Note: All classes are conducted in English.