Prerequisite: Completion of Foundations -OR- Working Pro 1
We will cover the aspects of animation through monologue, dialogue, improvisation, group performance and rigorous workout towards the following goals:
- To learn VO acting applied to characters and animation! When presented animation characters and/or copy anywhere, anytime, you will know what to do with it and how to make it your own. Develop characters via The Kalmenson Method.
- To approach, create, develop, and sustain animation characters based on the characters' truths, emotions, sounds and actions.
- To begin the process of creating a character inventory for your demo and for future audition reference.
- To get a great workout (monologue, dialogue, and ensemble), developing a comfort zone with characters behind the microphone in a full service broadcast recording studio, complete with performance critique by coaches who are voice over professionals.
- To gain clarity on the animation process: time lines, phases, casting, and how that applies to you today.
- To study current casting trends, address marketing and self-promotion. Gain insight, guidance and inspiration on where to go from here in the world of animation.
Ready to find out more?
Fasten your seat belt! You will know the truth of voice over.
Class Size: 10 student maximum
Cycle: 6 consecutive weeks
Class Length: Class length may vary based on size. If the class only has 5 students enrolled it will be a 2-hour class.
Tuition: Temporary price reduction: $595.00 (previously $750) Payment Plans available. (prices are subject to change; call to verify).
VISA / MASTERCARD / AMERICAN EXPRESS / DISCOVER
Make-up & Refund Policy: No class make-ups or refunds for missed classes. Class recordings provided.
Location: Online Zoom
Materials: All materials provided.
Instructors: Andrew Racho and Anna Graves are veteran animation voice-over professionals, trained in The Kalmenson Method.
Note: All classes are conducted in English.