At Kalmenson & Kalmenson
we guide each prospective student to the voice over class that best fits their skill level
Please contact our Education Department to discuss options, 818.377.3600. ex. 111
Foundations: For Non-Actors: first class for non-actors very new to voice over - likely one of your first exposures to a professional acting class.
This LIVE and interactive (via ZOOM) voice acting class provides: A strong voice acting foundation: develop voice acting skils + discover you VO brand/signature.
via The Kalmenson Method for Voice Acting. Focus: The CRAFT of voice acting, via LIVE lecture, performance and critique. Along with discussions about the business.
Foundations: For Actors : The most empowering entry level to VO for working actors only (with established on-camera or theatrical careers seeking to add VO to their revenue stream).
This LIVE and interactive (via ZOOM) voice acting class provides: new or improved VO acting skills via The Kalmenson Method for Voice Acting. And discovering your VO brand/signature.
Focus: The CRAFT of voice acting, and audition self-direction via LIVE lecture, performance and critique. Along with discussions about the business.
Prerequisite: Completion of Foundations
This class picks up right where Level 1 class ended.
Focus: Refinements, SELF DIRECTING, Multiple attitude transitions.
A high level series of refinements and rigorous workouts.
Highly recommended to take shortly after completion of Level 1.
Prerequisites: Completion of VO Foundations -OR- WORKING PRO 1
We will cover the aspects of animation through monologue, dialogue, improvisation, group performance and rigorous workout towards the following goals
Via The Kalmenson Method for voice acting:
- Create, develop, and sustain animation characters based on truths, emotions, and actions.
- Create a “character inventory list” for your demo and for future audition reference.
- Gain confidence.
- Study current animation casting trends, address marketing and self-promotion.
- Gain insight on where to go from here in the world of animation.
Prerequisite: Completion of Animation 1
The Kalmenson's are raising the bar for your growth in this challenging program designed to pick up from where Animation 1 ended. Do you have the drive to commit to what it takes to go to the next level?
- Gain results that will contribute to your future success in animation, and beyond.
- Create, catalogue, and market your own unique layered complex characters
- Strengthening animation performance skills.
- Animation, Games, Anime, and so much more.
Prerequisites: Completion of Foundations & Level 2
Confused about preparing to make your demo? We help you design your commercial voice over demo to the point of absolute preparation for your demo recording session. The Kalmenson Method applied to the step-by-step process of creative thought and practice allows you to:
- Align your signature with a customized voice over demo plan.
- Make appropriate copy choices.
- Format, edit, and rehearse the distinctive attitudes for each script.
- Explore the considerations of music and sound effects.
- Plot your running order strategy.
- Class culminates in a recorded rehearsal reading of your final demo script lineup.
PREREQUISITE: You are likely represented by a voice over agent. Must have an established career in Voice Over: You book VO jobs, have a VO demo/link and pro VO resume.
Increase your VO bookings via The Kalmenson Method for VO Acting… a powerful bridge between your truth and the truth in any script… to access your authenticity. TRUTH wins.
- Focus: Your ACTING CRAFT
- Mastering SELF-DIRECTION
- Rigorous workouts (monologue/dialogue)
- Expansion of VO signature/brand
- Analysis of all current trends
- Growth beyond your current comfort zone
Prerequisite: Completion of Working Pro 1
NOTE: THIS CLASS IS ONLY OFFERED ONCE A YEAR - Traditionally in the Fall.
This class provides the working pro voice over actor with:
- A high-level series of refinements
- Multiple attitude transitions within the same script
- Rigorous workouts
- Creation of a customized “Personal Blueprint for Excellence” for booking blastoffs